Join us for the Space Coast’s premier race, the Turtle Krawl! In 2011, nearly 1000 people signed up for the race, and the Sea Turtle Preservation Society (STPS) was able to raise over $20,000. Their Board unanimously agreed to earmark all Turtle Krawl funds for a “special project” to be determined, with the number one goal being building a sea turtle rehabilitation facility, or at the very least setting up a triage-type location, here in Brevard County. At this time, the closest rehab facility is a 90 minute drive from Brevard County beaches. Come out and join the fun–and support the STPS.
Who: Runners and walkers of all shapes, sizes, and speeds!
What: 5k Run/Walk
When: Saturday, September 15 at 7:30 AM
Where: Nance Park – N.E. corner of A1A and 5th Avenue, Indialantic, FL
Why: Help Support The Mission of The Sea Turtle Preservation Society: “Helping Sea Turtles Survive”
- Beautiful technical shirts featuring original artwork by local artist Mike “Nemo” Nemnich, including a limited quantity of women’s fitted sizes
- Reusable cotton tote race packets
- Free breakfast and massages after the race
- Stunning Turtle Krawl medals for 117 award winners
- Raffle prizes including TWO round trip tickets on Southwest Airline
- Free kids run after the 5k with prizes for all participants
- Electronic race timing (net times) and course management provided by Running Zone
More information and registration forms can be found at TurtleKrawl.com.
You can also follow us on facebook and help spread the word by Liking the Turtle Krawl at facebook.com/turtlekrawl
All proceeds from the Turtle Krawl will benefit the Sea Turtle Preservation Society .
For more info, contact Dave Cheney, Media Relations Chair, Sea Turtle Preservation Society at (321) 392-3223 or visit SeaTurtleSpaceCoast.org